This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in learning about, and gaining hands-on experience in the various aspects of running a (nonprofit) art gallery to include: art-handling, publicity, and administrative, curatorial, exhibition and research activities.
This internship is unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit. Additionally, letters of recommendation can be requested at the end of the internship.
Please go to the Internship Application Form and submit a resume, cover letter and a writing sample. A Portfolio in graphic design, website design, audio and video are a plus but not necessary. The Gallery will contact qualified applicants.
- Studio Arts, Art History Majors (preferred)
- Passion for art
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Possess an in-depth understanding of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Able to collaborate with the FSG team and also have the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail while maintaining perspective
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and MS Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel)
- Have a working knowledge of MAC platform
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist in producing and maintaining content on website as needed (text, graphics, audio and video)
- Assist during events and receptions
Please review our website prior to applying.